How to decide if you have a personal injury case to pursue…
Deciding whether to pursue a personal injury claim after you’ve been in an accident is a hard decision to make. You want to know what to expect if you do decide to follow it. Below are some tips and suggestions to keep in mind. They will guide you on what you can expect and may help you decide whether or not you should file a claim.
First steps after an injury:
- Take notes-one of the first things you should do after an accident is take notes of what happened. Writing down the details after an accident is more accurate than relying on your memory.
- Preserve evidence– the first few days following an accident are the most crucial for finding and preserving evidence of what happened. Finding witnesses who can help prove your case to the insurance company and documenting your injuries are extremely important to prove your case.
- Getting medical records-you may need to have copies of your injuries so it is very important to make sure they were given to you after you were released, or contacting the hospital or medical facility that treated you to obtain these records. They are futile to your case. For example, if you file a legal claim after a car accident, you may need to prove that the accident, and not a previous medical condition, caused your injuries.
Determining who is at fault:
- Proving fault-it is extremely important for any law enforcement on the scene of the accident to know exactly what happened. They will then file a police report and most often, the guilty party is already known.
- Negligence– this is the legal term for any careless behavior that causes, or contributes to, an accident. It is important to understand if someone has been negligent in your personal injury.
- Damages – these vary depending on personal injury, but knowing what you should receive for your claim is important to explore.
- Pain and Suffering-there are two types of pain and suffering. Physical and mental. Both are key components in your injuries as a result of a personal injury.
- Defense– it is important to know what kind of argument you can anticipate from the defense so you can be prepared.
- Finding a Philadelphia personal injury attorney– you will want to put your Philadelphia personal injury case in the hands of an experienced attorney. You shouldn’t turn to just any lawyer for help; look for someone who has experience handling your type of personal injury claim and whom you feel that you can trust.
Now that you know some tips and suggestions to follow if you’ve been injured, finding the right personal injury attorney in Philadelphia is the key to even deciding if you have a case. The personal injury lawyers at Martins Mill Legal Center can help you decide if your should pursue your case, and if it is a viable case, they will fight for you to get the compensation your deserve. No one wants to be injured. But, if you are and it is disrupting your life, you deserve to receive compensation for the damages you incurred. Call Martins Mill Legal Center today. You don’t have to do this alone.